Black Rock Engineering provides mechanical engineering for rotating equipment in many different applications.
Rotating Machines and Equipment Specialists
We provide designs and specifications for all types of rotating equipment, including:
- Fans and blowers
- Turbines (water, wind, steam and gas, and cogeneration)
- Pumps (centrifugal and positive displacement
- Mixers and mixing racks.
- Engines (diesel, gasoline)
- Hoists and winches (friction and drum)
- Mine Shaft Hoists (Koepe and Blair)
- Motors (hydraulic, and pneumatic)
- Electric motors and generators
- Power transmission: gearboxes, transmissions, couplings, brakes, clutches, shafts, bearings (anti- Friction, and hydrodynamic), backstops (ratchet, centrifugal), rotary actuators,
- Lubrication and cooling systems (individual or centralized, and/or closed loop or open loop)).
We are comfortable with harsh environments and difficult applications.
We provide maintenance for rotating equipment.
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Repair and replacement recommendations, design, manufacturing, installation.
We provide analysis for rotating equipment.
- Stress and fatigue analysis for all components listed above (FEA).
- Energy cost
- Vibration and noise
- Machine safety