Whether it’s a new shaft, a refurbishment, or a modification to an existing shaft, Black Rock Engineering can provide the study and detail design.
Mine Shaft Specialists
Our team of engineers has experience with:
- Sinking deep shafts
- Hoists (Blair and Koepe)
- Winches (friction and drum)
- Shaft Conveyance: skips, cages, ore passes, chutes, rock boxes, etc.
- Process water and dewatering systems
- Deep shaft pipelines design and installation
- Pumping and piping of liquids and slurries
- Shaft cooling and heating systems
- Ventilation and exhaust systems
- Cooling towers built in shafts/mine levels
- Lifting and transportation systems: cars, buckets, cranes, etc.
- Design and selection of power transmission equipment such as: centrifugal pumps, PD pumps, gearboxes, brakes, clutches, anti-friction bearings, hydrodynamic bearings, couplings, backstop, speed variator and transmissions, VFDs
We provide maintenance engineering for shaft equipment, including:
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Repair and replacement recommendations and design
- Stress and fatigue analysis for all components listed above (FEA)
- Vibration and Noise
- Machine safety