Whether the application is a one-time lift or frequent lifting, Black Rock Engineering’s engineers are able to design safe lifting.
Lifting Systems Specialists
We have experience with:
- Cranes (up to 1,000,000 kgf or 2,205,000 lbf)
- Jib cranes, and monorail cranes.
- Derricks, A-frames, and mobile cranes
- Hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical hoists and winches (friction and drum).
- Hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical controls
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems (closed or/and opened loop)
- Ropes and attachments.
- Stringing accessories
- Sheaves, and blocks.
- Rope handling systems and machines
- Counter weight and balancing systems.
- Girders and rails design.
- Transportation systems: cars, and trolleys.
- Design and selection of power transmission equipment such as: gearboxes, brakes, clutches, anti-friction bearings, hydrodynamic bearings, couplings, backstop, speed variator and transmissions, VFD’s
Maintenance and Analysis
We provide maintenance engineering and/or analysis for lifting equipment, including:
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Repair and replacement recommendations and design
- Stress and fatigue analysis for all components listed above (FEA)
- Vibration and Noise
- Machine safety